We truly believe in the magic and wonder of camping, and know that there are so many reasons why going camping is such an amazing and memorable experience, and we want to share some of our top reasons to #TakeMeCamping
- You Can Get Totally Unplugged: Although we love the internet, the feeling of being free from answering emails and checking to see if someone shared a picture of what they ate last night is truly exceptional. Once you disconnect from the world wide web, you can truly connect with the world and you are free to enjoy both the people and environment around you with all of your attention.
- Campfires Are Awesome: Camp fires are such an integral part of the experience of going camping for good reason. They keep bugs away, they provide a heat source to keep warm and cook food, and they also provide a great place to sit around and be with your friends and family. Plus campfires usually mean making s’mores, and s’mores are awesome.
- The Night Sky: If you live in the suburbs, chances are you never really get to experience a true night sky. Nothing against the suburbs but there is often too much light pollution and tree and building coverage for you to truly see how many stars are out there. Once you experience a true night sky full of stars out in the wilderness you will never forget it.
- Camping Doesn’t Have To Be Intense: A lot of people envision camping as being stuck in the middle of the woods fending off swarms of mosquitoes and having to hunt for your own food – but it certainly doesn’t have to be like that. Camping gives you an opportunity to adventure at your own pace. There are thousands of camp sites across the country that offer nice bathhouses you can take a hot shower, and with the advent of air mattresses, you can sleep just as comfortably as you would at home. Between portable propane grills and LED lighting, you can keep most of the modern luxuries you currently enjoy at home when you go camping.
- It’s A Cheap Getaway: If you’ve ever taken the family on vacation you know how quickly things add up between the hotel and restaurants and attractions you can easily spend more than a few hundred dollars without even blinking an eye. Camping on the other hand can be a n incredibly cheap getaway. Most campsites average around $15-20 per night and for the most part you’ll be bringing your own food and drinks, plus most campgrounds have on site boating, hiking and other things to keep busy if you need something to do other than just explore the wilderness on your own. A typical weekend camping trip usually costs about $200 for everything.
- You Don’t Have To Travel Far: One of the best aspects of camping is that you really don’t need to travel across the country to do it, much like some people may need to for a beach vacation. There are thousands of campgrounds all across the country and for some people, the woods are the woods – so it may not matter to you whether you’re 5 minutes or 5 hours from home as long as you’re surrounded by mother nature.
- Nature Is Beautiful: Going camping provides you with the opportunity to connect with nature like never before. Sitting quietly with mother nature for just a few minutes will unveil some pretty amazing things you’ve never noticed before. You’ll gain a whole new appreciation for all of the little things that go on everyday.
- Camping Teaches You Life Lessons: There’s no better teacher than experience, and when you go camping, you almost have no other choice than to learn and try new things. Being in the wilderness means you don’t have simple access to fast food and search engines, so you’ll need to cook for yourself and figure out solutions to your own problems. Learning to be self reliant is an invaluable skill to have and will truly help you in ways you’ve never realized in other areas of your life.
- The Sunrises & Sunsets: When you don’t have a smartphone to stare into you’ll spend a lot more time looking around and appreciating the beauty of mother nature. One of the most beautiful things you’ll get to experience is what the sun looks like when it’s rising and how the early morning sky changes colors from purple to orange to blue. Much like experiencing the night sky, seeing a sun rise or set out in nature is something you won’t forget.
- Everyone Will Be Jealous: When Monday morning rolls around and everyone asks you how your weekend was, you’ll get to tell them the amazing things you saw, the things you’ve experienced and the memories you created. Life is too short to be boring – go out and explore the world around you!
Those are our top 10 reasons we suggest you plan a camping trip ASAP. If you have your own reasons you love camping share them with us in the comments, we’d love to hear them!