If you’re thinking about going camping as a family, we’ve put together some great simple tips and ideas for your next family camping trip.
Going camping as a family can be a lot of fun, and with these 20 camping ideas for family fun, you’re sure to be prepared to have a great time and make lots of memories you’ll cherish for years to come.
1. Place a Fitted Sheet Over Your Baby’s Crib: Take an extra fitted sheet along to keep your baby safe from bugs and sun.
2. Fun in the Dirt: Allow your kids to play in the dirt so that they can embrace the outdoors completely!
3. Activity Bags: For those inevitable times when the kids start to get bored.
4. Color Fire: Fire is already very cool, but you can make it even cooler when it glows in different fun colors!
5. Fun Road Trip Kit: Unless you happen to be camping in your own backyard, then you will definitely want to make an entertainment kit for your trip on the way to your campsite.
6. Kid’s Camping Bed: You will definitely use them even when you aren’t camping. Think of visits with grandparents or hotel rooms that don’t have enough beds for everyone. All kids love having private tents of their very own.
7. Nature Hike Bracelet: This craft is so easy to do. You also don’t need to carry all of the things your kids pick up on the way.
8. Camping Charades: This is the same hilarious and classic game, with a camping/outdoor twist to it!
9. Toy Tub: The go-to place for your kids’ entertainment. It’s all ready, which means you don’t need to try and come up with fun things to do on the spot.
10. Nature Crafts: Bring along a bottle of Elmer’s glue and some popsicle sticks and get creative with things you find while out hiking and adventuring.
11 Ladderball: This game is very family-friendly and one that everybody will love. Ladderball is the perfect game for camping due to its compact size.
12. Camping Notebooks: There so many other adorable ideas that can make camping really cute as well!
13. Cool Off Necklace: This is so simple! When fun and function meet – everybody is happy!
14. Bottle Bowling: Once the sun goes down what can you do? Glowing games! You just need some glow sticks, plastic bottles and a ball and you’re all set for a night of fun.
15. Geocaching: It’s like a treasure hunt that comes with a map to get you to your exact location. If you haven’t ever tried it, then the perfect time to do so is during your next camping trip!
16. Glow Jars: These provide some science fun, nice ambient lighting, and are cool-looking as well.
17. Bring Clips: Do yourself a favor and bring a bunch of hooks, you’ll find tons of uses for them, we love these Heroclips!
18. Outdoor Play Pen: This is such a clever way to ensure that the smallest members of your family stay safe.
19. Scavenger Hunt: This is so fun due to the small carrying case that you can use for transporting all of your treasures in.
20. Marshmallow Catapults: Camping and marshmallows go hand-in-hand. With this activity, rather than eating them you fling them over the campsite! (Don’t worry there are always lots of idea for you to eat them later!)